Wednesday 21 March 2012

Fahima Chowdhury - Matthew Williamson Lecture

First of all Lindsay, because I know you were thinking about looking at moroccan patterns and colour etc, while I was at this lecture I relised you could look at Matthew Williamson as inspiration, because he kept mentioning how his work is always based on the asian/middle easten sort of patterns. Just a thought.

For everyone, this lecture was great, although Matthew Williamson is a fashion designer,he creates these beautiful patterns and the way he uses colour is out of this world. I am not really going to focus on colour or Matthew Williamson but whoever is maybe look at his work. I heard he is looking into interio design to. Anyway the main reason I though I should definitly put this on the blog was because his talk was quite inspirational. He was basically saying how all designers, artist etc should not at all care whether this person or that person would like our work, if we like what we have done then it should not matter (in most cases). He was saying we should just go in to our studios with confidence in ourselves and work..I personally needed inspiration to get started

2012-03-15_15

This is not much but i was walking past debenhams and found his collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment