Thursday 22 March 2012

Get inspired - Lindsay Swan





Architecture is something I have looked at before and I find it doesnt inspire me in the way I want to be for a project. I photographed familiar buildings around Manchester, experimenting with colour swatches from my images but I wasnt excited and felt slightly limited. Colour is one of my strengths and this is what I want to push in Unit X to build a really exciting body of work.


Manchester as a city is on a massive scale where buildings can be quite over whelming and the architecture isnt very vibrant or colourful. I want to look at Morroco concentrating on the warm colour pallets and inimate interiors which combine cosy textures and patterns. I want to create a sense of comfort and relaxation in a building which is used as a busy work environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment