Wednesday 2 May 2012

Fahima Chowdhury - M.C Escher you inspiration!!!

I was just looking for something to help me move my work forward and I came across Escher and his work just amazes me every time I see it. the way he uses shapes is remarkable. For me, at first glance his work seems to come off the page, as if its 3D, however its a flat surface. 3D may have a part to play in my work,maybe??

I just love the way he creates beautiful patterns with these shapes. He inspired some of my work. Also I love how its all black and white, because I feel its appropriate for the geometrical pieces. My work is also black and white but for a different reason, I just find it suitable for what I am doing, and I enjoy the simplicity in a chaotic design, which I would like to think Escher would of enjoyed to, maybe.







My Experiments






No comments:

Post a Comment