Thursday 17 May 2012

Room Dividers- Alix Dessain


I have done some more research, as I have decided that it is a room divider that I’d like to propose. I have decided upon this over a blind as I feel that as the new building is so open plan that to be able to make it feel more intimate when need will be very beneficial while still having the feeling of space.

Here are a few more images that are helping me to design and think of ideas for a new room divider. I have chosen these because they split a room up, but are not solid walls which ensures the feeling of space is maintained while still adding the feeling of closing the room down to a smaller space. 

_MG_2036.jpg
I really like the simple graphic pattern created by this room divider by Apartment Therapy, which has been made using old painted vinyls.  
'MOLO' have created a room divider with a honeycomb design that can be easily moved and  stretched up to  4.5 metres. I like the innovative use of cardboard that has been developed to created a simple but elegant design. 


"Brick House" "Rope Wall" Divider
This wall divider, by 'The Brick House' , made using rope cleverly splits the room in two while still keeping the room as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment