Friday 20 April 2012

Alix Dessain- My work so far...


After my visit to the Cube Gallery, my work has been focused a lot more at looking at maps and the details and patterns found within them. I have been looking at different maps of Manchester and the different styles that are produced. Getting lost in the alleys in Marrakech reminded me of some of the really detailed maps as you didn’t know where one line would lead you from first looking at the maps. I have combined these details with the vibrant colours of Morocco. The idea of a making a map/maze within the new building could be interesting and here are some of my drawings so far.



I found the work of artist Christoph Niemann interesting, as he used the map of the New York subway to inspire his work using bathroom tiles. The lines and colours reminded me of my work, i also like how rather than being on one flat surface, the pattern goes along the floor and walls, creating a sort of 3D effect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment