Saturday 28 April 2012

Alix Dessain-My work....




After having a tutorial, I knew that I needed more content to get ideas from and be able to draw from. I found some more maps of Manchester and started to draw. The map that stood out to me the most was the tram map, not only are the trams iconic to Manchester but the bold graphic colours stood out to me, as well as how the map folded out and stood when opened.  I then went into the machine room to begin sampling my ideas. I like the combination of colours used on the cream strips, but feel that I could do alot more with it and build the layers and patterns up more. Although I don't like the yellow as it it too in your face, I like the 3D structure that has been formed and want to carry on investigating this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment