Saturday 28 April 2012

Alix Dessain- Artist Research


I have been looking at artists and designers to inspire my work and help to visualise my ideas on a larger scale.  I have been thinking more about creating a wall or a room divider, as the space is open plan to be able to divide it up with a temporary structure could prove useful.  From my drawings, I think that my ideas could be translated well to create a wall. 


These 3D wall dividers by Mike and Maaike remind me of my original drawings using the coloured masking tape, but they also remind me of lines found on maps, in particular the Manchester tram map. I like how it is not all one solid block and that you can see through it as well as the combination of colours. 



This piece by Sally England which could be describe as both a wall divider or a blind stood out to me. Like the piece above, I like the transparency of it as well as the texture created by the knotting of the fabric.

This textured surface by Yvette Hawkins is a interesting take on folding a map, it has made me think about the different ways in which paper and fabric can be manipulated and folded to create a interesting surface. 


No comments:

Post a Comment